11 Updates
Uruguay defender accuses Neymar of diving
Photo Credit: Clive Rose, Getty Images

Uruguay defender accuses Neymar of diving

Jun 25 2013, 3:54am CDT | by

Belo Horizonte, June 25 (IANS) Uruguay defender Diego Godin has accused Brazil striker Neymar of serial diving ahead of Wednesday's Confederations Cup semi-final between the South American rivals.

Belo Horizonte, June 25 — Uruguay defender Diego Godin has accused Brazil striker Neymar of serial diving ahead of Wednesday's Confederations Cup semi-final between the South American rivals. Neymar...

Filed under: news

YouTube Videos

 
 
 

1 year ago

Uruguay defender accuses Neymar of diving

Jun 25 2013, 3:54am CDT | by

Belo Horizonte, June 25 (IANS) Uruguay defender Diego Godin has accused Brazil striker Neymar of serial diving ahead of Wednesday's Confederations Cup semi-final between the South American rivals.

Belo Horizonte, June 25 — Uruguay defender Diego Godin has accused Brazil striker Neymar of serial diving ahead of Wednesday's Confederations Cup semi-final between the South American rivals.

Neymar has scored in each of Brazil's victories over Japan, Mexico and Italy during the group phase of the World Cup warm-up tournament.

Godin, who will be among those charged by Celeste coach Oscar Tabarez to curb the 21-year-old at the Mineirao stadium, admitted the task was one of football's toughest, Xinhua reports.

"Neymar is a player who is unpredictable, one of the best in the world," the Atletico Madrid centre-back said. "He is fast, dribbles and scores lots of goals. I just hope that he doesn't dive so much. He always makes the most of minimal contact to win a free-kick."

Godin said his team's heralded strike force - which includes Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and Diego Forlan - could ill afford to waste scoring chances against Brazil's miserly defence.

"We have to make the most of the chances that come our way," the 27-year-old said. "It's going to be special to play Brazil in such an important match, and even more so in front of their own fans. It will be like a final for us."

IANS

Source: IANS

 
Update
11

18 hours ago

Official: Toby Alderweireld signs for Southampton

Sep 1 2014 5:29pm CDT | Source: SBNation

Toby Alderweireld has signed for Southampton from Atletico Madrid, the club have confirmed. Toby Alderweireld has officially signed for Southampton after the club confirmed his move from Atletico Madrid. The defender joins on a season-long loan where he will join up with boss Ronald Koeman. Last season, after joining Atléti from Ajax, Alderweireld didn't get much playing time. He pr ...
Source: SBNation   Full article at: SBNation
 

 
Update
10

1 day ago

Two potential big signings having medicals at Southampton

Sep 1 2014 11:16am CDT | Source: SBNation

Southampton are about to lock up the signings of Sadio Mane and Toby Alderweireld. Southampton are about to lock up their two big transfers on deadline day. Red Bull Salzburg winger Sadio Mane and Atlético Madrid defender Toby Alderweireld are both undergoing medicals ahead of transfers to St. Mary's. Understand that Toby Alderweireld and Sadio Mane both undergoing medicals with #saintsfc. — Gordon Simpson (@gordonsimpso ...
Source: SBNation   Full article at: SBNation
 

 
Update
9

1 day ago

Toby Alderweireld set to join Southampton?

Aug 31 2014 4:43pm CDT | Source: SBNation

Most players in the Atlético Madrid squad would be loath to depart the defending La Liga champions and last year's European Cup runners-up, but Toby Alderweireld is a special case. A first-choice defender for Belgium, Alderweireld has consistently found himself blocked at club level by the centre back duo of Diego Godin and Miranda and even his secondary position at right back is occupied by Juanfran ...
Source: SBNation   Full article at: SBNation
 

 
Update
8

3 days ago

Juventus in Champions League Group A: In good company

Aug 29 2014 7:30pm CDT | Source: forzitalianfootball

Juventus find themselves in Group A of this season 2014/15 Champions League. The Bianconeri will take on Atletico Madrid, Malmo, and Olympiacos. On paper Atletico Madrid look the only real threat to Juventus’ qualification hopes. However Group A happens to be the only one of the eight groups containing four domestic champions, and as such will likely provide a unique challenge. Given how Juventus struggled and failed to come out of the group stages last season in a grou ...
Source: forzitalianfootball   Full article at: forzitalianfootball
 

 
Update
7

6 days ago

Stan Collymore's Updated World Football Winners and Losers

Aug 26 2014 6:52pm CDT | Source: Bleacher Report

Watch Bleacher Report’s Ryan Bailey and former England and Liverpool player Stan Collymore break down the winners and losers from world football this week. Winners include Manchester City’s victory over Liverpool, Bordeaux going 3-0 thus far in Ligue 1, and Eibar’s win in their first La Liga match. Cristiano Ronaldo punching Diego Godin, Queens Park Rangers, Diego Simeone and Liverpool make up the world football losers. Who ...
Source: Bleacher Report  Full article at: Bleacher Report
 

 
Update
5

1 week ago

Ban Will Force Diego Simeone to Curb Touchline Temper at Atletico Madrid

Aug 25 2014 12:50pm CDT | Source: Bleacher Report

Atletico Madrid's defence of their La Liga title hasn't even kicked off yet, but they will already be without their manager Diego Simeone for the next couple of months. The fiery Argentine was sent to the stands during Atleti's Spanish Super Cup second-leg victory over rivals Real Madrid on Friday, prompting an eight-match ban for the head coach, as per BBC Sport.  Simeone was quick to apologise afterwards, but it is not the first time that his pitch-side manner has been calle ...
Source: Bleacher Report  Full article at: Bleacher Report
 

 
Update
4

1 week ago

Ronaldo loses plot, punches opponent

Aug 24 2014 11:24pm CDT | Source: FOXSPORTS.com.au

CRISTIANO Ronaldo hit rival player Diego Godin at least twice in the head as Real Madrid fell to local rivals Atletico in t ...
Source: FOXSPORTS.com.au   Full article at: FOXSPORTS.com.au
 

 
Update
3

1 week ago

Atletico Madrid Star Tops Arsenal’s Three-Man Wish List As Arsene Wenger Looks To Sign Thomas Vermaelen Replacement

Aug 24 2014 2:36pm CDT | Source: CaughtOffside

Atletico star tops three-man shortlist. SEE MORE: FIFA 2015 Player Ratings Revealed. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has identified three main defensive targets as he seeks to sign a replacement for Thomas Vermaelen before the end of the summer transfer window. The Gunners are looking short of options at the back at the moment after agreeing to sell Vermaelen to Barcelona for around £15m, and reports have been circulating that a move for a new centre-back could be in the works ...
Source: CaughtOffside   Full article at: CaughtOffside
 

 
Update
2

1 week ago

Cristiano Ronaldo Appears to Punch Diego Godin in the Face

Aug 23 2014 6:27am CDT | Source: Bleacher Report

Things always get a bit testy when city rivals Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid do battle.  In the waning moments of an eventual 1-0 (2-1 aggregate) Spanish Super Cup victory for Atletico Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo's frustrations came to a boil, and Diego Godin was the unfortunate receiver of said frustration.  During a set piece in injury time, the two got tangled up, and the Portuguese superstar took a swing at Godin and made clear contact.  Ronaldo e ...
Source: Bleacher Report  Full article at: Bleacher Report
 

 
Update
1

1 week ago

(Video) Cristiano Ronaldo Punches Diego Godin During Real Madrid’s Super Cup Defeat To Atletico Madrid

Aug 23 2014 6:23am CDT | Source: CaughtOffside

Thwack! Things got heated during the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup on Friday night. Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone was sent off for laying hands on the referee. Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo was then fortunate to only receive a yellow card after appearing to punch defender Diego Godin in the second half. Watch Ronaldo get aggressive in the video below. Atletico went on to lift ...
Source: CaughtOffside   Full article at: CaughtOffside
 

 

Don't miss ...

 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/8" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

India vs England: Scoreboard, fourth ODI
Birmingham, Sep 2 (IANS) The following is the final scoreboard of the fourth ODI between India and England at Edgbaston here Tuesday.
 
 
Kamal Chawla stays afloat
Bangkok, Sep 2 (IANS) Having played two matches and won one, Kamal Chawla remained in contention Tuesday for the knock-out phase, while compatriot Shivam Arora, with three defeats, has virtually bowed out of the World 6-Red snooker championship in progress here.
 
 
Scoreboard of England's innings against India
Birmingham, Sep 2 (IANS) Scoreboard of England's innings against India in the fourth ODI of the five-match cricket series at Edgbaston here Tuesday.
 
 
England all out for 206
Birmingham, Sep 2 (IANS) England were bowled out for 206 runs in 49.3 overs against India in the fourth ODI of the five-match cricket series at Edgbaston here Tuesday.
 
 
 

Latest from the Network

India vs England: Scoreboard, fourth ODI
Birmingham, Sep 2 (IANS) The following is the final scoreboard of the fourth ODI between India and England at Edgbaston here Tuesday. England Alastair Cook c Raina b Kumar 9 Alex Hales b Kumar 6 Gary Ballance c Rahane...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Britain asks citizens to review travel plans to Pakistan
Islamabad, Sep 2 (IANS) The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has advised its citizens to review their planned trips to Pakistan in view of the volatile security situation in the country. "There is a high...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Jaime King: Motherhood is all that matters
Jaime King says her son is the most important thing in her life now. The 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' star welcomed her first child James - her son with husband Kyle Newman - into the world last October and since she...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Chris Brown pleads guilty to assault
Chris Brown has pleaded guilty to assault. The 'Beautiful People' hitmaker was sentenced to time already served by a judge after accepting a plea deal at a Washington DC superior court today (02.09.14), where he was...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Piers Morgan confirms CNN departure
Piers Morgan has confirmed he is leaving CNN after turning down a new deal. The British presenter - whose show 'Piers Morgan Live' was axed by CNN earlier this year - took to his Twitter account on Tuesday (02.09.14)...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Helen Mirren is learning Italian
Dame Helen Mirren is learning Italian. The 69-year-old actress owns a villa in Salento, South-East Italy, with her husband Taylor Hackford and although the couple also have homes in London, Los Angeles and France they...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Number of displaced civilians inside Ukraine doubles: UNHCR
Geneva, Sep 2 (IANS) The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Tuesday said the number of people displaced inside Ukraine has doubled in the past three weeks since the ongoing fighting in eastern Ukraine is driving...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
15 troops, 50 militants killed in Ukraine clashes
Kiev, Sep 2 (IANS) At least 15 troops and 50 pro-Russian militants have been killed since Monday as Ukrainian forces engaged in fierce fighting against militias in the country's eastern regions of Donetsk and Lugansk...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
India offers red carpet, not red tape, Modi hard sells India (Roundup)
Tokyo, Sep 2 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday hard sold India to Japanese investors saying that his country offers only a red carpet and not red tape while dubbing his five-day trip to Japan that ends...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Indian woman charged for having illegitimate child
Dubai, Sep 2 (IANS) An Indian man filed a case in a court in the UAE against his wife, who gave birth to a child in 2010 despite their not having sex for eight years, a media reported said Tuesday. The man, who is...
Read more on Politics Balla