11 Updates

Raikkonen, Ricciardo or Vergne for 2014: Horner

Jul 5 2013, 12:54pm CDT | by

Nurburg (Germany), July 5 (IANS) Formula 1 team Red Bull's team principal Christian Horner Friday said that Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne are the likely contenders to replace Mark Webber as world vhampion Sebastian Vettel's teammate in 2014.

Nurburg (Germany), July 5 — Formula 1 team Red Bull's team principal Christian Horner Friday said that Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne are the likely contenders to replace Mark...

Filed under: news

YouTube Videos

 
 
 

1 year ago

Raikkonen, Ricciardo or Vergne for 2014: Horner

Jul 5 2013, 12:54pm CDT | by

Nurburg (Germany), July 5 (IANS) Formula 1 team Red Bull's team principal Christian Horner Friday said that Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne are the likely contenders to replace Mark Webber as world vhampion Sebastian Vettel's teammate in 2014.

Nurburg (Germany), July 5 — Formula 1 team Red Bull's team principal Christian Horner Friday said that Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne are the likely contenders to replace Mark Webber as world vhampion Sebastian Vettel's teammate in 2014.

Australian Webber announced last week that he will bring an end to his Formula 1 career at the end of this season. Ever since the announcement, rumours have begun about who would replace him next season.

"We are in the fortunate position not to be short of choice. We'll take our time to make the right decision. Red Bull Racing is a world championship winning team and wants to put the best drivers in our cars," the Briton was quoted as saying on Formula1.com.

Horner confirmed the speculations that Red Bull's sister team Toro Rosso's drivers, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne, and former world vhampion Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus are in the race for the seat.

"If one of the drivers can be of the junior team that will purely be based on merit. Both the juniors (Ricciardo and Vergne) are contenders, and also one or two drivers that are out of contract at the end of the year. There are a lot of drivers without contract at the end of the year but the reality is that it will boil down to three drivers: the two juniors and Kimi."

Asked about their chances this weekend at the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring, the 39-year-old said: "This is Sebastian's home race and it would be fantastic for him to win here. Mark won his first ever Grand Prix here in 2009, so we have good memories. Sebastian has a fantastic home crowd here - that should propel him and us. In the end, this race carries the same amount of points as any other weekend and we want to win them all."

IANS

Source: IANS

 
Update
11

2 days ago

Tost : "Vergne est le meilleur à quitter Toro Rosso"

Aug 27 2014 7:37am CDT | Source: f1i.com

Le team principal de Toro Rosso, Franz Tost, déclare que Jean-Eric Vergne est le meilleur pilote à ce jour à quitter son équipe et à ne pas être promu chez Red Bull. Toro Rosso a annoncé la semaine dernière que JEV serait remplacé par le jeune Néerlandais Max Verstappen, 16 ans, en 2015 aux côtés de Daniil Kvyat. Cela augure un futur incertain en Formule 1 pour le Français. "Des pilotes qui nous quittent, je pens ...
Source: f1i.com   Full article at: f1i.com
 

 
Update
10

2 days ago

Vergne the best to leave Toro Rosso – Tost

Aug 27 2014 6:41am CDT | Source: Crash.Net Motorsports

Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost believes Jean-Eric Vergne is the best F1 driver to be leaving Toro Rosso ...
Source: Crash.Net Motorsports   Full article at: Crash.Net Motorsports
 

 
Update
9

3 days ago

Jean-Eric Vergne's Future: Should Toro Rosso Driver Have Formula 1 Seat in 2015?

Aug 27 2014 3:30am CDT | Source: Bleacher Report

Jean-Eric Vergne's Formula One future hangs by a thread. After three seasons at Red Bull's sister team, Toro Rosso, Vergne is being replaced for 2015 by Max Verstappen. The Frenchman has been with Red Bull since 2007, and with no seat available at the main team it looks like the relationship will come to an end. He has less than six months to find a new drive and salvage his F1 career. Vergne has been active in single-seate ...
Source: Bleacher Report  Full article at: Bleacher Report
 

 
Update
8

3 days ago

Verstappen effectue ses débuts en F1

Aug 26 2014 6:57am CDT | Source: f1i.com

Max Verstappen a effectué ses premiers tours de roues au volant d’une monoplace de Formule 1 ce matin sur le Rockingham Motor Speedway, en Angleterre. Le circuit est situé au nord-est de Silverstone. Le jeune pilote néerlandais de 16 ans, qui remplacera Jean-Eric Vergne chez Toro Rosso la saison prochaine, a pris le volant d’une ancienne Red Bull. Verstappen devant effectuer ce dimanche dans les rues d ...
Source: f1i.com   Full article at: f1i.com
 

 
Update
7

4 days ago

Is Daniel Ricciardo or Valtteri Bottas the Hottest Young Talent in F1 Right Now?

Aug 26 2014 4:51am CDT | Source: Bleacher Report

Daniel Ricciardo or Valtteri Bottas? It's a question on the minds of many fans as they wonder who will be the next Formula One superstar. Red Bull's Ricciardo has taken the motorsport world by storm in 2014, winning three races and casting major doubt over the presumed brilliance of his team-mate, four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel. Bottas, driving for Williams in only his second season at ...
Source: Bleacher Report  Full article at: Bleacher Report
 

 
Update
5

5 days ago

Vergne pas verni

Aug 24 2014 10:31am CDT | Source: f1i.com

Jean-Eric Vergne s'est classé à une frustrante onzième place (en tenant compte de la pénalité de Magnussen) à l'arrivée du Grand Prix de Belgique. Malgré une fin de course rondement menée, il n'a pas pu se mêler à la lutte pour les points, au contraire de son équipier Daniil Kvyat. Un manque de puissance durant les premiers tours a empêché JEV d'accrocher le bon wagon. "C'est naturellement décevant d'échouer à la porte des points, a confessé le Français à F1i.  ...
Source: f1i.com   Full article at: f1i.com
 

 
Update
4

6 days ago

Vergne encore malchanceux

Aug 23 2014 10:23am CDT | Source: f1i.com

Après s’être illustré durant la première partie des qualifications, Jean-Eric Vergne a encore une fois joué de malchance au volant de sa Toro Rosso cet après-midi à Spa-Francorchamps. JEV n’a pu faire mieux que le douzième temps en Q2, victime d’un énième pépin mécanique. "En Q1, la voiture était vraiment bonne, ce qui m’a valu un très bon cinquième temps", nous a-t-il confié. "Puis, j’ai rencontré un souci au nivea ...
Source: f1i.com   Full article at: f1i.com
 

 
Update
3

1 week ago

Vergne sera en Q3, “c’est certain”

Aug 23 2014 1:35am CDT | Source: f1i.com

Jean-Éric Vergne devrait pouvoir compter sur une Toro Rosso STR9 relativement performante qui pourrait lui permettre de se qualifier dans le top 10 ce week-end. Mais la fiabilité, essentielle pour que le Français puisse montrer ses qualités en piste depuis l’annonce de son éviction au profit de Max Verstappen, laisse quelque peu à désirer au vu des problèmes qu’il a rencontrés lors des essais libres de ce vendredi. Interrogé à ce propos par F1i, il estime ...
Source: f1i.com   Full article at: f1i.com
 

 
Update
2

1 week ago

Verstappen to be youngest F1 driver in 2015

Aug 22 2014 12:14pm CDT | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SPA, Belgium — Max Verstappen will find himself in a unique position next year: fitting school exams around his debut as the youngest ever Formula One driver. When the 2015 F1 championship starts in Australia in March, Verstappen will be only 17. It will also be his final year of school, as he shares the cockpit with the classroom. The Dutch teen, who competes in this year’s European Formula Three title, has been sign ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
1

1 week ago

Verstappen to be youngest F1 driver in 2015

Aug 22 2014 12:14pm CDT | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SPA, Belgium — Max Verstappen will find himself in a unique position next year: fitting school exams around his debut as the youngest ever Formula One driver. When the 2015 F1 championship starts in Australia in March, Verstappen will be only 17. It will also be his final year of school, as he shares the cockpit with the classroom. The Dutch teen, who competes in this year’s European Formula Three title, has been signed by Toro Rosso — Red Bull’s feed ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 

Don't miss ...

 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/8" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Chelsea's Torres joins AC Milan on two-year loan
London, Aug 30 (IANS) Chelsea striker Fernando Torres will join AC Milan on a two-year loan.
 
 
Dortmund hold Augsburg to win 3-2
Berlin, Aug 30 (IANS) Borussia Dortmund dominated the game but nearly had to share the spoils with a resilient Augsburg at the opener of the second round of Bundesliga.
 
 
Loew names Germany's 21-man squad
Berlin, Aug 30 (IANS) Germany football coach Joachim Loew has called up his 21-man squad for the upcoming international matches.
 
 
Kerber out of US Open
New York, Aug 30 (IANS) Sixth seeded Angelique Kerber lost to Belinda Bencic 1-6, 5-7 in the US Open women's singles third round here.
 
 
 

Latest from the Network

I'm not a drug addict: Keira Knightley
Los Angeles, Aug 30 (IANS) Actress Keira Knightley believes she must have coped with being famous because she has avoided becoming a drug addict, despite shooting to fame at a young age. The 29-year-old shot to fame...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Kanye West wants to do comedy film
Los Angeles, Aug 30 (IANS) Rapper Kanye West is reportedly looking for a prominent role in a "laugh out loud comedy". West has said in the past that he wants to spread his wings and dabble in other spheres of the...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Chelsea's Torres joins AC Milan on two-year loan
London, Aug 30 (IANS) Chelsea striker Fernando Torres will join AC Milan on a two-year loan. "Chelsea Football Club and AC Milan have agreed terms for the two-year loan deal of Fernando Torres to the Italian club. The...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Britney Spears 'moving on' post split
Los Angeles, Aug 30 (IANS) Pop star Britney Spears "is moving on" following her split from David Lucado by concentrating on her work. The "Toxic" hitmaker, who reportedly dumped her boyfriend Thursday after a video...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
It's London calling for SRK's SLAM! THE TOUR
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) After touring multiple cities in the US in September, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, some of his friends and the "Happy New Year" coterie will take to the stage in London with SLAM! THE...
Read more on Celebrity Balla
 
Modi's 'bandhgala' look in Japan gets praise
Kyoto, Aug 30 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi landed at the Osaka airport in Japan Saturday, looking dapper in a dark 'bandhgala'. His look got a thumbs up from a few Twitter users. Twitter user Atmay @...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Dortmund hold Augsburg to win 3-2
Berlin, Aug 30 (IANS) Borussia Dortmund dominated the game but nearly had to share the spoils with a resilient Augsburg at the opener of the second round of Bundesliga. Dortmund wrapped up their first win in their...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Loew names Germany's 21-man squad
Berlin, Aug 30 (IANS) Germany football coach Joachim Loew has called up his 21-man squad for the upcoming international matches. The reigning FIFA World champions will encounter Argentina and Scotland in September....
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Kerber out of US Open
New York, Aug 30 (IANS) Sixth seeded Angelique Kerber lost to Belinda Bencic 1-6, 5-7 in the US Open women's singles third round here. The 17-year-old Swiss tennis player was the second youngest girl in the women's...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Croatian qualifier upsets second seed Halep at US Open
New York, Aug 30 (IANS) Croatian qualifier Mirjana Lucic-Baroni upset second seeded Romanian Simona Halep 7-6(6), 6-2 in the women's singles third round at the US Open here. "It's incredible. It's just amazing," Lucic...
Read more on Sport Balla