Motorsports: Raj Bharath qualifies third

Ordos (China), July 5 (IANS) Buoyed by his first win of the season at Shanghai International Circuit in May, Indian youngster Raj Bharath qualified third at round three of Formula Masters China here Friday.

Jul 5 2013, 1:42pm CDT | by

Motorsports: Raj Bharath qualifies third
Photo Credit: JEAN FRANCOIS MONIER, Getty Images

Ordos (China), July 5 — Buoyed by his first win of the season at Shanghai International Circuit in May, Indian youngster Raj Bharath qualified third at round three of Formula Masters China here Friday.

Backed by Bangalore-based real estate developer Embassy Group and driving for Indian outfit Meco Motorsport, Raj will start from the second row of the grid for two out of three races of the weekend.

At the start of the weekend, the 3.7-kilometre layout was extremely dusty as expected but given the large number of races scheduled for the weekend, the track gripped up in no time.

Throughout the free practice sessions, Raj was continuously in the top five and the team managed to make a step forward for qualifying even though the session didn't go smoothly due to yellow flags.

"There was a yellow flag at the first corner due to some incident and it happened so that I got my fastest first sector on that lap. I backed off but next time around the yellow was still there and I posted my fastest lap on that lap," said Raj.

Six other drivers went through the same routine and had their fastest qualifying laps cancelled as a result. Luckily though, Raj's consistency paid off as his second fastest-qualifying time was just one-tenth off his best time and he didn't lose any grid positions as a result.

"The grid is so tight, if I had been three-tenths or so slower on my second best lap, I would have lost at least three positions. So from where we are now, we can still hope to get on to the podium and even win," he said.

Race one and two are scheduled for Saturday with race three on Sunday.

IANS

Source: IANS

 
 
 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/8" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi is the founding Chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com. Luigi posts regularly on LuigiMe.com about his experience running I4U.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

National Football League Suspends Local Blackout Policy For 2015 Season
National Football League Suspends Local Blackout Policy For 2015 Season
The National Football League (NFL) has suspended its local blackout policy for the 2015 NFL season.
 
 
Mo'ne Davis Writes Email Pushing For Joey Casselberry's Reinstatement
Mo'ne Davis Writes Email Pushing For Joey Casselberry's Reinstatement
Softball phenom Mo'ne Davis said on SportCenter on Monday she is pushing for the reinstatement of Bloomsburg University baseball player Joel Casselberry, who was suspended after posting an offensive tweet about her.
 
 
Simona Halep Wins 2015 BNP Paribas Open
Romania's Simona Halep won the 2015 BNP Paribas Open with a 2-6,7-5, 6-4 win over Serbia's Jelena Jankovic in Indian Wells, Cal. on March 22. It was Halep's third title this year.
 
 
Kansas Jayhawks Drop NCAA Tourney Match to Wichita State Shockers
Kansas Jayhawks Drop NCAA Tourney Match to Wichita State Shockers
The Wichita State Shockers Topped the Kansas Jayhawks, 78-65, on March 22 to advance to the NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16 against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Thursday.