11 Updates
Too soon to recall Ganso: Sao Paulo coach
Photo Credit: , Getty Images

Too soon to recall Ganso: Sao Paulo coach

Oct 19 2013, 6:58am CDT | by IANS

Rio de Janeiro, Oct 19 (IANS) Sao Paulo coach Muricy Ramalho believes it is too soon to recall rejuvenated midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso to Brazil's national football team.

Rio de Janeiro, Oct 19 — Sao Paulo coach Muricy Ramalho believes it is too soon to recall rejuvenated midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso to Brazil's national football team. The injuy-ravaged midfielder...

Filed under: news

YouTube Videos

 
 
 

1 year ago

Too soon to recall Ganso: Sao Paulo coach

Oct 19 2013, 6:58am CDT | by IANS

Rio de Janeiro, Oct 19 (IANS) Sao Paulo coach Muricy Ramalho believes it is too soon to recall rejuvenated midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso to Brazil's national football team.

Rio de Janeiro, Oct 19 — Sao Paulo coach Muricy Ramalho believes it is too soon to recall rejuvenated midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso to Brazil's national football team.

The injuy-ravaged midfielder has recaptured his best form in recent weeks, prompting reports he could win a national call up for Brazil's friendlies against Honduras and Chile next month, reports Xinhua.

"I think it's too early for that," Ramalho said Friday. "He has to have that in the back of his mind, but he needs to do more to get back in the national team. He has to perform at this level over an extended period."

Ganso wore Brazil's coveted No.10 shirt at the 2011 Copa America and was considered, alongside Neymar, as a torchbearer of a new generation to lead Brazil towards the 2014 World Cup.

But poor form and injuries caused Ganso to disappear off the international radar following the London 2012 Olympics.

The Selecao's No.10 shirt now belongs to Neymar while Ganso has been largely forgotten.

Now the 24-year-old is fully fit and enjoying his most consistent run of form since joining Sao Paulo from Santos last year.

His goal after a jinking run in Sao Paulo's 3-0 victory over Nautico Wednesday was confirmation of his renaissance.

"He is a type of player that is rare in football," said Muricy, Ganso's coach at Santos when the club won the 2011 Copa Libertadores.

"You no longer see players who treat the ball like he does. I think our midfield has been able to help him, players like Denilson and Maicon have helped create space for him."

IANS

Source: IANS

 
Update
11

2 weeks ago

Pic: UFC Fight Night 58 poster first-look for 'Machida vs. Dollaway' on Dec. 20 in Brazil

Nov 4 2014 9:30am CST | Source: MMAmania.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is sorting out the middleweight rankings (see them here) at the upcoming UFC Fight Night 58 mixed martial arts (MMA) event on FOX Sports 1, which takes place at Jose Correa Arena in Barueri, Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Dec. 20, 2014. To that end, former champion Lyoto Machida will try to get back into the 185-pound title hunt against streaking division standout and former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) finalist CB Dollaway, in a fi ...
Source: MMAmania.com   Full article at: MMAmania.com
 

 
Update
10

2 weeks ago

VIDEO: What makes the Brazilian GP brilliant?

Nov 4 2014 5:53am CST | Source: BBC Sport

BBC F1 commentator Ben Edwards previews this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix at Interla ...
Source: BBC Sport   Full article at: BBC Sport
 

 
Update
9

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after failing to arrive at practice on time. He had claimed he was undergoing fa ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
8

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after failing to arrive at practice on time. H ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
7

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after failing to arrive a ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
5

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after failing to arrive at practice on time. He had ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
4

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after fail ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
3

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after failing to arrive at practice on time. He had claimed he was undergoing family proble ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
2

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after failing to arrive at practice o ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 
Update
1

2 weeks ago

Atletico Mineiro releases striker Jo, two others

Nov 3 2014 9:07pm CST | Source: Sportsnet.ca

SAO PAULO, Brazil — Former Brazil and Manchester City striker Jo has been released by Atletico Mineiro because of indiscipline. Atletico Mineiro released the striker and two other players on Monday, saying they committed a "serious" breach of team rules after a Brazilian league match this weekend. Club officials did not elaborate. Jo had already been punished by the club this year after failing to arrive at practice on time. He had claimed he was undergoi ...
Source: Sportsnet.ca   Full article at: Sportsnet.ca
 

 

Don't miss ...

 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Federer faces Monfils in first singles match of Davis Cup final
Lille, Nov 20 (IANS) World No.2 Roger Federer of Switzerland will take on France's 19th-ranked Gael Monfils while teammate and No.4 Stanislas Wawrinka will face 12-ranked Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the Davis Cup final, to be played here Nov 21-23.
 
 
Saina, Srikanth in Hong Kong Open quarters
Hong Kong, Nov 20 (IANS) Top Indian shuttlers Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth progressed to the quarter-finals of their respective categories after notching straight-game wins at the $350,000 Hong Kong Open Super Series here Thursday.
 
 
Vettel joins Ferrari on three-year deal, Alonso exits
Maranello (Italy), Nov 20 (IANS) Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel signed a three-year deal with Ferrari following Fernando Alonso's departure, the F1 team announced Thursday.
 
 
Spot-fixing cricket's greatest crisis: Richard Hadlee (IANS Interview)
Christchurch (New Zealand), Nov 20 (IANS) As corruption in cricket continues to come under scrutiny in India, legendary New Zealand cricketer Richard Hadlee says spot-fixing is the "greatest crisis" the game faces and it needs to be dealt with severe penalties.
 
 
 

Latest from the Network

Klaus Iohannis wins Romanian presidential run-off
Bucharest, Nov 20 (IANS) Romania's Christian Liberal Alliance candidate Klaus Iohannis won the presidential run-off, according to the final results released by the Central Election Bureau (BEC) Thursday. According to...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Rafah crossing point closure sparks Gaza humanitarian crisis
Gaza, Nov 20 (IAANS) Keeping the Rafah crossing point between the Gaza Strip and Egypt completely closed for 25 consecutive days has sparked a serious humanitarian crisis, a senior Gaza official said Thursday. Iyad al...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Police teargas lawmakers outside Nigerian parliament
Abuja, Nov 20 (IANS) Pandemonium broke out Thursday ahead of a crucial sitting in the Nigerian parliament when the police and other state security personnel barred federal lawmakers from the premises, dispersing them...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Federer faces Monfils in first singles match of Davis Cup final
Lille, Nov 20 (IANS) World No.2 Roger Federer of Switzerland will take on France's 19th-ranked Gael Monfils while teammate and No.4 Stanislas Wawrinka will face 12-ranked Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the Davis Cup final, to...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Nicola Sturgeon becomes first woman head of Scottish government
London, Nov 20 (IANS) Scotland's first woman First Minister Nicola Sturgeon was Thursday formally sworn in as the head of the Scottish government at the Court of Session in Edinburgh. Sturgeon, 44, had been deputy...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
WhatsApp behind half of Italian divorce cases: Attorney group
Rome, Nov 20 (IANS) Almost half of the divorce cases in Italy rely at least in part on information gathered through the instant messaging service WhatsApp, according to the Italian Association of Matrimonial Lawyers....
Read more on Ad Balla
 
Saina, Srikanth in Hong Kong Open quarters
Hong Kong, Nov 20 (IANS) Top Indian shuttlers Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth progressed to the quarter-finals of their respective categories after notching straight-game wins at the $350,000 Hong Kong Open Super...
Read more on Sport Balla
 
Modi among contenders for Time's Person of the Year
New York, Nov 20 (IANS) Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in the list of 50 contenders for Time magazine's Person of the Year. Time's Person of the Year will be announced Dec 10. Modi, "once a controversial...
Read more on Ad Balla
 
Indonesian police confirm virginity tests for female cadets
Bangkok, Nov 20 (IANS/EFE) Indonesian National Police Thursday confirmed carrying out virginity tests on female recruits to prove their physical and moral strength, a test that Human Rights Watch (HRW) has branded as...
Read more on Politics Balla
 
Vettel joins Ferrari on three-year deal, Alonso exits
Maranello (Italy), Nov 20 (IANS) Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel signed a three-year deal with Ferrari following Fernando Alonso's departure, the F1 team announced Thursday. The Italian team's driver line-up...
Read more on Sport Balla